Friday, February 9, 2018

Abraham Lake with a Twist

I've had a few photo outings to Abraham Lake over the years; I've been there in the dead of winter, the late autumn and in the spring.  There are great photo opportunities all along the lake shore - and in winter, out on the frozen surface.  The are also loads of canyons and trails leading away from the lake all over.  This is a fairly typical view of the lake at dusk.

Although this looks like a view I would have photographed this image is not mine; it was taken by my father, Donald Dobie, in August 1978.  I came across this picture as I was going through dad's old photo, it was shot on Kodachrome slide film and I scanned with my Epson V700 scanner.  I removed one or two little dust specs in Photoshop but otherwise this is how the image looked when it came back from the lab almost 40 years ago.  I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure this image was taken with dad's Pentax ME Super which is sitting on my desk as I write this,

No comments:

Post a Comment